Best of the fragrant dark red climbing roses. Large buds and shapely blossoms. Glossy dark green leaves. Blooms on new and old wood. Warm night temperatures give the best color. Proven performer.
- Class: Climber
- Plant Habit: Climbing canes 12 to 14 feet
- Plant Height: 12 to 14 feet
- Foliage Color: Glossy dark green
- Flower Color: Deep velvety red
- Bud Form: Ovoid
- Flower Size: Large
- Flower Form: Full, shapely
- Petal Count: 30 to 35
- Parentage: New Dawn seedling x New Yorker
- Hybridizer: Michele Maladrone
- Intro Year: 1958
- Introduced By: Jackson & Perkins Co.
- Fragrant List: Fragrant